Monday, September 28, 2015

 

SANTA ANITA - SOME QUESTIONS ANSWERED

THERE IS NO RACING AT SANTA ANITA PARK TODAY

Some questions answered-

I have been asked to make a pick six selection for the races. A pick six can be made by using my selections and 1st timers that are listed. I list the 1st timers in the order I believe they will finish.

Why do I post 5 horses for each race?
I post 5 horses with their ratings for each race as my figures are made and usually posted before scratches. If one is scratched you would still have 4 selections for superfectas. I also like to play superfectas and trifectas with my system and to box the different horses or key the top horses to the others.

Recap payouts -
I no longer list the payouts on the minimum bet such as a $1 trifecta, $2 Quinella, $1 Exacta, $1 Superfecta, etc. as given by the track results. This allows me to post the next days picks and selections earlier. After 3 years of listing the results my record speaks for itself (see archives).

I have a small advantage betting here in Reno on Quinellas at some of the racebooks as they offer a "house Q"- this is 1/2 the win price times the place horses price. They pay either the track payout or the "house Q" payout and I receive the highest of the two. When I show a top horse "keyed" in the payouts he could also have been "boxed" with the picks in your betting.

Are my listed horses in the order that they should be bet?
N0- I have pointed out the 5 point difference rule many many times ( see yesterday's post). Also the 1st time starters cannot be rated under my system and they must always be considered. I do try to list the 1st time starters in the order I believe they will finish. If there are a couple of high rated horses and then a gap between the next horse's figure I would usually include the 1st timer. If his works are very good I would also include him. If my rated horses numbers are below 60 points I would also include the first timer in my bets.

Do I make money all the time? I make money over a longer period of time but I have streaks just like every bettor does. I have a very good day for me with the trifectas. The next racing day???? I post my picks with the ratings. HOW YOU BET THE PICKS IS THE KEY.

My top horse wins alot but many of the payouts are small. If the 5 point rule is there I may bet the 2nd or 3rd horse to win. I only make win bets (no place or show) unless the odds are very high on my selection, then I may make a place bet. I never make a show bet to make money. I like to key my horses that stand out with their ratings and or box 3 or 4 horses for my trifectas and superfectas. If I make a quinella bet I usually box three horses unless I have a standout to key and then I key that horse to three others.

Horses with the same rating number-
I list the horse that I believe has the best chance of beating the other horse with the same figure first. This is for listing purposes only. Horses within a few tenths of a point are considered "tied" for betting purposes.

Program number does not match horse's name-
This has happened 15 times that I know of in over 3,318 posts on my blog. If it occurs use the program number and the rating for that horse. I enter the program numbers with the ratings first and then the horses name. I do not ever remember having the program number wrong for the selection I wanted with the horse's rating.

I hope this has answered some of the questions that you have about my system. I post information on the system on non racing days at the Southern Calif. tracks. You can go back on my posts on those days for more information.

The best handicapping tool you can have?
Good Luck

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?