Wednesday, September 24, 2014

 

SANTA ANITA - SOME INFORMATION ON MY SYSTEM

THERE IS NO RACING AT LOS SANTA ANITA TODAY.

Here is some information about my system for the new people.

My system does not use computer generated selections.
All selections are made with an ordinary home calculator and ink pen.

I use the assigned weight of the jockey (better horses are assigned more weight), the horses best two speed ratings of his last 3 races (how fast he ran for the conditions). I use the last three places the horse finished in his races (was he placed at the right level by the trainer).

I adjust ratings for turf to dirt and dirt to turf (most horses run faster on the turf). I also make an adjustment for the distance of the race.

I have a mathmatical formula I created over a 5 year period over 35 years ago. The final number that I list after each selection has taken in all these factors.

A horse should have 3 races for the figure to be completely accurate. I do list a figure if a horse has run only 1 or 2 races but he may not repeat the effort the same way. A difference of 5 points on the top selection from the 2nd selection should be a good bet. Any horses within 5 points have a good chance of beating him to the finish.

The 5 point difference between horses rule- Any horse that is rated within 5 points of each other has a good chance of beating each other on any given day. You should also consider a horse who is dropping or moving up in class. If drop is large enough he may be very competitive with the horses at this level. The same is true with a horse moving up in class. If the jump in class is too much he may have a difficult time being competitive with these horses.

REMEMBER-1st time starters cannot be rated with my system. They must be considered. I will list the 1st timers in the order I believe they will finish. We all know the best horse does not always win.

Stumbles, clipped heels, no racing room, boxed in on the rail and most of all Jockey's dumb decisions account for most horses problems.

I hope this helps our new handicappers understand the system better and how the selections are made. Watch the point differences between the selections and then make your decision on how to bet the race.

HOW YOU BET THE PICKS IS THE KEY.

I wish you the most important factor of all -
GOOD LUCK.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?